Sunday, May 17, 2009

My First Taste of Krispy Kreme

I had a day out with my girlfriends this afternoon. We dropped by Delicious to have a drink where two of them ordered the mango, lychee & kaffir blast, without anybody knowing what 'kaffir' actually means. At the end we found it was some kind of a disaster as the drink tasted like tom yum soup with ice. :)

I was seriously craving for doughnuts during the whole 'tea-session'. So it's definitely a pleasant surprise when my boyfriend told me that he bought some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. I've been eagerly looking forward to try their doughnuts after reading The Sun a few weeks back, which reported about the huge crowd queuing for the doughnuts.




My boyfriend bought a box of six doughnuts, but I only remember to take a picture after we ate two! Those two flavours are Powered Strawberry Filled and New York Cheesecake, which are plain disappointments if compared to J. Co's Heaven Berry and Cheese Me Up. I guess the media did exaggerated this new doughnut outlet in town.

I like the design of the box, but definitely not the doughnuts... Krispy Kreme's texture is the plain old rough yellowish texture (which is similar to Dunkin' Donuts, and also a reason why I never like doughnuts). A few bites of the doughnut is already quite filling, which is why I've no intention of eating more... No offence to all Krispy Kreme's fans, but I still prefer the fine and light texture of J. Co's doughnuts, and of course, with better taste and flavours.

Viva forever, J. Co!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing®.
 
Creative Commons License
Cross Stitch Charts by Angie Stitches is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
©2009 Angie Stitches All Rights Reserved